Top 5 Security Plugins for WordPress
When creating a blog, portfolio or a website WordPress is one of the more popular options. The platform itself is what is referred to as a secured Content Management System (CMS). Since the site is so popular it deals with millions of users and owners alike. This broad range of users can make your site a target for hackers who will exploit any weakness they can find. Obviously your site is important, it is a resource you will use to display your work or perhaps run a business so you’ll want to do everything in your power to protect this resource. This means turning to WordPress Security Plugins. Plugins are a popular feature across the WordPress platform and some can even be free to use however the better plugins will require some payment.
Today we go over the top 5 security plugins for WordPress in detail. This list will examine the more popular plugins as well as discuss their efficacy against cyber predators.
- BulletProof Security – a popular WordPress Security Plugin that adds database and firewall security to your site. It also protects your logins and is easy to setup and activate. Core features including limiting login attempts and scanning themes or plugins for malware.
- Sucuri Security – SiteCheck Malware Scanner. Sucuri is a very popular service that offers free malware scans for your website. Also if you do have Malware, they have a service that will help you eliminate the Malware.
- iThemes Security – this full featured WordPress Security Plugin offers over 30 ways to protect your blog or site. It features a seamless, one-click installation. The plugin offers malware scanning as well as website scanning to analyze vulnerabilities in your platform.
- ICWP Simple WordPress Firewall – The WordPress Simple Firewall Plugin is built to address the growing complexity of WordPress security plugins. The WordPress Simple Firewall offers an easy to use interface that’s clean, clear, and uncluttered.
- WordFence – Wordfence is perhaps one of the more well-known security plugins. The plugin constantly monitors your site through scanning. The plugin scans all files associated with your site and will provide a notification if an infection is found. The basic plugin is offered for free with premium features for a fee.
These are the top 5 WordPress Security Plugins currently available to users. Try them out and find the right one for you, sometimes a plugin works best if it suits not only your needs but your ability to apply the plugin and use it effectively on your site.
For a limited time, we will install and configure a WordPress firewall free of charge with our service.